Thursday, June 16, 2005

Train this

Well, it looks like I’ve got me a personal trainer.

For god’s sake.

I went to the gym last night. Hooo boy. Thirty minutes of vigorous walking on the treadmill and then a full-on insane Latin cardio class. My face was that always-enchanting shade of call-the-ambulance red, but oh my it felt good to sweat. Yoga and Pilates definitely dial my area code, in that they make me feel very happy and tall (which is really something given my five-foot-one-and-three-quarters “height”), but there is nothing like a good 45-minute cardio class led by Mean and Crazy.

Who is, of course, my friend and not that mean or crazy at all. Maybe a little crazy. Anyhow, get her in a fitness situation and she comes on all mean and crazy and sometimes, that’s exactly what I need to get those good exercise endorphins racing through my system.

Which is why, as my face “glowed” post-class, I thought it would be a good idea to ask M&C if she’d be my personal trainer.

She said, “I would love to.” Then she looked at me for a beat and said, “I’ll kick your ass.”

“I’m counting on that,” I said.

And so, this summer, she’ll be kicking my ass all over Point Pleasant Park, in intervals. And putting me through my paces in kickboxing, cardio strip and Latin cardio classes. And she told me she has big balls, which came as no surprise to me, but apparently she means stability balls, and that’s good to know. And she has one of those weighted balls, those BOSU balls, and I am so ready to flail around on and ultimately fall spectacularly off of one of those.

It’ll push me to the next level. I am ready to go there. Remind me I said this when I’m cursing her name in a week or two, wouldja?

Meanwhile, there’s a great deal on at a local yoga studio. Kravitz and I are going to take advantage of their two-fer deal. You can get two unlimited passes for summer use for 200 bucks. If I can find one other person interested in such economical beauty, Taco could get a pass, too. They have early morning yoga classes, and outdoor yoga on Wednesday evenings and meditation and all kinds of goodness. It’s probably time to shake it up a little…my morning yoga and pilates routines are getting a little easy.

Now if it would just stop raining round the clock, my plans for an excellent summer would be complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home