Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Whither my workout?

A quick note from a busy-so-far week. I am worried, this week, about losing last week's great momentum (even though I was on the road, eating hotdogs and high tea, I still lost a pound). My eating has been fine since I got back to town (which was actually less than 48 hours ago, now that I think about it), and I did yoga yesterday and pilates today. But no cardio yesterday, and none so far today.

Tonight I see my shrink right after work, and then right after that, I'm reading from my novel-in-progress at a bar downtown. So no cardio today, either, except for the walk to Dr. Take No Guff's office, which will probably take me around 15 minutes. Because this is Halifax and everything is a 15-minute walk.

Not really enough cardio, I'm sure you'll agree.

However, there's tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. And there's also living in the moment and not getting too hung up on the things I can't boss around.

Of course, there are the things I can boss around -- like my ass, to the gym, tomorrow night.

I've lost 22 pounds altogether. I must stop sometimes and just feel proud of that, you know? There are miles to go, yes. But already, I've come so far.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

22 pounds! That's WONDERFUL!

Yay you!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home