Monday, August 01, 2005

Otherwise engaged

A quick update, my fine feathered friends.

I am at the ancestral palace, on vacation. There are lot of chips here, people! But I'm not eating many of them. I am getting plenty of exercise (both planned and incidental...lots of shopping to do, and chasing my nieces around the swimming pool), and it looks like I'm at least maintaining. Actually, it looks like I've lost, but I know that the ancestral palace scale weighs about two pounds lighter than the official home scale. Yes, I am weighing myself often and blissing out on those smaller, though admittedly fake, numbers. Whee, vacation,

Oh, and also? I am engaged. Whee, engagement!

I popped the question in room 448 of the Quality Inn in Edmundston, New Brunswick. If you've never been, rest assured, the proposal and subsequent acceptance? Probably the most interesting, exciting thing ever to happen there. Sorry if you're from Edmundston. But admit it, it's true.

Anyhow, no dates set yet or details worked out, except the obvious important ones: right person, right time.

Whee!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

Holy cow! Congratulations!! Ain't love grand =) And what a "girl power" move on your part -- love it!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Taco!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your and the professor. Your blessed union will kick much ass. ;)

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooh loverly news! congrats :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger BethK said...

Congratulations!!! That's so cool.

3:51 PM  
Blogger not specified said...

Congratulations both for your engagement and for making something exciting happen there. It's a two-fer! Blessings on your future together with Taco.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home