Wednesday, June 22, 2005

You wouldn't happen to have any pie in your pocket, would you?

Because I could really, really go for a snack right now.

I mean a snack besides the plum I ate a while back.

And something other than the cottage cheese and fruit salad I had not ten minutes ago.

And not quite the ounce of almonds I just snacked on.

The world, please, with salt and vinegar. Or brown sugar and cinnamon. Warm, cold or indifferent, put it on a plate and I will eat it.

Or not. So far, I haven’t eaten the cookies that are ten feet away, as usual. I thought I’d get an oatcake from the canteen because first of all, oats, and second, hello, cake! But there were no oatcakes to be had. So I got five jellybeans from the little candy machine, which reminded me how much I dislike refined sugar. And while that may be true, and in fact IS true, apparently I don’t dislike it enough to stop wishing I had a snack made of it in my hand right now. A better snack than five jellybeans.

What to do? Continue to resist, I guess. I have many more calories coming to me today, because I’m hitting the gym at 5:15 for cardio strip, a 15-minute ab class that will no doubt leave me begging for my life, and then cardio kickbox at 6:15. And I’ve already logged a half-hour yoga session today. That, my dudes, is a pantload of exercise.

But even I can see that eating all the sugar I can get my grubby paws on will not be the way to make it through that much exercise. The cottage cheese and fruit was a good start. I’ll follow it up with some almond butter toast with fresh sliced strawberries on it and some soymilk when I get home.

Which should be in…what?…a hundred minutes? Surely I can tough it out for a measly hundred minutes.

Right?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! i am sure it is many hours later now but hope you got through ok :)

what is cardio strip, btw?

8:42 AM  
Blogger stephanie said...

I did get through, just barely. Cardio strip is...well, it's a cardio class inspired by the moves of how do you say...exotic dancers. You keep your clothes on, obviously, but it's loads of fun, with great music, and it's an amazing lower body workout.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

I want to cardio strip! That sounds awesome. Nothing like bringing out your Inner Ho to spice things up a little :)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Way to hold out. I've not participated in a group strip class, but I tried out Carmen Electra's new aerobic strip DVD and it's pretty fun, and I actually broke a sweat.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home